Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Dear Hairdresser I'm Leaving Behind Me When I Move on Saturday,

When my mom, sick of hearing me complain about my hair, made me an appointment with you, I confess, I wasn't sure I'd like you. Sure, my mom's hair looked great ... on her. But were you going to be one of those people who makes everyone's hair look the same? Was I going to walk out of your studio looking middle-aged? Could anyone possibly save my hair from the Short Cut Fiasco of '09?

The past two years of beautiful hairdos have proven not only that my hair could be saved, but also that my mom often knows what she's talking about. Thank you for showing me that I could have long hair that doesn't look like the Ugly Girl In a Bad Teen Movie, for teaching me how to make my uncooperative hair curl, and for supporting me when I came in with boxed dye instead of having it done in your studio. On top of that, I always enjoyed our conversations, too, and will miss the tales of camping, hiking, and your granddaughter when I get my hair cut by someone in Wisconsin who had BETTER not ruin what your magical shears began.

Hugs & kisses,
B

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Rebecca on such an awesome post!Its nice to know we are missed when other oppurtunities take you away to find your calling far from home. Im enjoying your blog :)

    Hairdresser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!!! I'm glad you're enjoying my blog. :-) I miss you, but I'm hoping to be back in the area in August or September, so hopefully I can drop by then. (P.S. I still haven't had my hair cut since November. It's gonna happen this week, though. Wish me luck!)

    ReplyDelete