Saturday, March 30, 2013

Dear J.J. Abrams,

Seriously, dude, you have some major daddy-daughter issues.

Lately, while watching the Alias episodes I missed out on while working in college, all I keep thinking is that you've somehow managed to cover just about every single weird relationship snag between fathers and daughters you possibly could in this show. And it's not just Alias. I remember back when I watched Heroes the straaa-aaaa-aaange things you wrote for HRG to do in his dysfunctional protection of his daughter the cheerleader. Not only do you cover hatred, but you also manage to throw in a strong dose of protective idolatry, too.

Do you have a daughter? Did she turn out okay? And no, I've never watched Lost, but I suspect you've managed to write in some chosen-girl prophecy to that one, too, complete with a trigger-happy daddy ready to do anything to protect his baby.

Ooh, ooh, new drinking game: a shot for every person who gets shot on this show. Never mind. I like my liver too much.

Hugs & kisses,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment