Friday, July 19, 2013

Dear Businesses that Advertise Things Everyday,

Let's talk about that word: everyday. I know that sometimes space is limited on signs, but that's no reason for inaccuracy. Here's a guide:

Everyday (no space): Describes something common and unremarkable.
Example: No matter how much she loves me, my mom probably doesn't want to hear about my teeth-brushing and other everyday events.

Every day (with a space): Describes the frequency with which something happens.
Example: I'm always excited to save $1.00 on coffee when I bring my own mug, even though it happens every day.

So when you advertise your $5 Buck Lunch Everyday, I have to wonder if you meant to say it happens each day or if you think it's not a very remarkable deal.

Hugs & kisses,
B

4 comments:

  1. Call me! I want to hear about your teeth brushing.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1412922/make-everyday-count-canvas-wall-art-by-louise-carey.jsp

    ReplyDelete