Sunday, May 25, 2014

Dear Nature and Nurture,

I'm not sure which one of you is responsible for the conversation below that certifies I am indisputably my mother's daughter, but either way, thanks. And, for the record, the blender has been washed and is drying in the drying rack even as I type.

Me, 10:44 a.m.
Even when I buy all the ingredients for smoothies, I still don't make them because I hate cleaning the blender so much. That's truly dumb. So today while I was waiting for my tea to steep, I made two blenderfuls of smoothie and poured them into jars and now I have like 6 smoothies and only have to wash the blender once. Not that I've actually washed the blender. I left it soaking in the sink before running far away and trying to pretend it won't be waiting for me when I go back to the kitchen.

Mom, 12:01 p.m.
So funny!!!  Right now I have the smoothie ingredients sitting in my blender waiting for the strawberries to soften a bit.  And the only reason I'm making one is because all the yogurts I got to make them are getting old and I need to use them.  Because, I too, hate washing the blender!  And yogurt is so hard to get off.  I wonder if they use yogurt to build houses with in Greece.  

Hugs & kisses,
B

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps neither nature nor nurture. Universality. Mom

    ReplyDelete